Friday, February 22, 2013

Day 4 :: of leopard and grey piping

One of my fashion mantras is this: The cuter the outfit, the less I want to be here.

It stands to reason - when work is getting me down and when the mere thought of going makes me want to curl into the fetal position and and sing Cyndi Lauper songs in my head, then my only saving grace is a cute outfit.  Knowing I have prepped a faboo ensemble the night before affords me the strength and intestinal fortitude to get out of bed and face the day.

Today should've been a no-brainer.  Had a tough week.  Did not want to go in.  At all.  Could've used a fierce outfit to give me a boost.  But because it's Friday, I opted for casual over killer so I perused my "Casual Friday" Pinterest board and did a happy jig because...

I had the exact blazer from the inspiration pic.

How often does that happen?

Not only that, but I also had identical items for all the other elements.  Bootcut jeans?  Check.  White button-down?  Check.  Leopard flats?  Check.  I even owned a similar necklace.  This was serendipity, my friends.  How could I resist?

If I were to do this outfit over, though, I'd try to wear a lower rise bootcut.  These are my mommy Levi's and the rise is so high that semi-tucking and belting just wasn't an option today.


:: Just the facts, ma'am ::
Shirt - L.L. Bean
Jacket - Mossimo for Target
Jeans - Levi's
Flats - Old Navy
Necklace - F21

2 comments:

Maridel Dubb said...

where'd you get the blazer??? how long ago??? love the outfit!!

M @ My Closet Catalogue said...

Mossimo blazer from Target, the beginning of this season and thank you. Must be the hair. :)