Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Day 6 :: black and white part deux - the striped blazer


Late last season, this blazer exploded on the blogosphere and you really couldn't escape it.  Every fashion blogger I followed styled it in every conceivable way - casual, work appropriate, girls' night out - and with every conceivable color combo.  Wendy even featured it in a daring pattern mixing ensemble which I tried to dupe and was promptly shut down by very well-meaning friends who said I looked like a crazy cat lady.

Of course, now that I want to do my own spin for Black and White week, I'm hard-pressed trying to find an appropriate photo for duping purposes.  Blargh.  I mean, come on, people!  Black and white!  Really?!  Nothing?!

I could've just thrown in the towel, copied the above photo and done the look sans black slacks, but I refused to surrender my B&W Week theme so easily.  After good ol' Google let me down, I had to resort to Polyvore for inspiration pics and this is the closest I came to what I had in mind.

Apologies for the fuzzy pic.  I guess I do need to take photos in natural light.  :(

Black slacks, white shirt, striped jacket.  A very easy, go-to uniform that spans, I think, all professions.  I've been accused in the past of coming to work too dressed up/trendy/office-esque but I say always err on the side of professional over casual.  I could've done this with dark wash jeans but I was feeling trouser-y today.


You can't really see my shoes under the slacks because I follow the Stacy/Clinton "pants must skim floor" rule, so here's a better shot.  They're my fave pumps - Madden Girl T-strap and comfy as sin and a much-needed break from yesterday's pump which killed my feetsies.  I love these shoes so much that I actually got them cobbled for more than I paid for when they were falling apart. 

I've also included close ups of my accessories - an attempt at bling beyond my usual watch and Vivienne Westwood armor ring.  I think the necklace and arm candy together is too much?  What say you?  If so, which should I keep and which should I edit out?


:: Just the facts, ma'am ::
Shirt - Tobi
Blazer - Daily Look
Trousers - New York and Co.
Pumps - Madden Girl
Arm bling - F21/handmade
Necklace - eBay

3 comments:

Angel Diaz said...

Okay, so today's outfit!Overall it looks great, however, I will have to say that (correct me if I am wrong) but the pants were suppose to be dark denim jeans? I think it would have looked better if you would have done the jeans rather than the pants that you had. It hid the shoe, and the shoe helps the outfit. Try and show more of the shoe because you do have a ton of cute shoes. Food for thought. I loved the stripped blazer and the Mandarin (?) shirt with the beautiful necklace. It was a beautiful outfit and I can honestly not wait for the next ones to come out!! :D

M @ My Closet Catalogue said...

Nope. You're confusing the inspiration photo with the initial photo. Perhaps I shouldn't have included that entry pic. I just wanted a good shot of the feature piece. I had already planned to wear slacks, remember? But thanks for the compliments. I hope tomorrow's outfit meets your approval too.

Maridel Dubb said...

i think the length of the pant is fine. if u showed more shoe you'd look like urkel! hehe